Okay - in the past few weeks Chafin and I both feel like we have been running around like chickens with our heads cut off! (sorry for the visual) After our little holiday to Scotland, it was back home and back to business - we don't play around here in Newmarket... Chafin started another Masters class, Business Law. His last class was a 6 week on-line course, this one is a 6 week classroom based course. It is definitely A LOT of work - I have never seen Chafin write so many papers in my whole life...and we went through 4 years of college together! He is really doing a great job though - I am so proud of him! However, he also happens to be in his check-ride window so he really has a lot on his plate at the moment! But since he is amazing - I have no doubts he will do an awesome job :)
Now, this is me whimpering on the side lines - I have started a permanent sub position at Lakenheath Middle School - I am now a 7th grade science teacher. It has been my first experience with middle school kids, and I think they are great, I think I've found my niche! It was a bit of a whirlwind as I wasn't expecting to take on the position, but they had a teacher retire last minute...literally, like 3 days before the new semester started. They are putting all my paperwork in to hopefully hire me as the 'official' teacher - but we will see....I want the $$$ man :) Needless to say, it has been interesting - I get to invent the wheel all over again...but, once I get everything organized and get in my 'groove' things should settle down.
Also, this past week we had our friends PCS over here from Laughlin AFB! We have known the Redmond's for many years - Chris was in Arnold Air Society with Chafin at Texas Tech, and he dated his wife Alicia all through college. They also brought a new edition over with them, their 4 month old son Caleb (who is totally precious). Chafin and I are their sponsors so we are helping them get acclimated to life in England.
This past Saturday night Chafin and I went into London with a big group of friends for dinner at Black & Blue and to see Cirque de Soleil 'Quidam' at Prince Albert Hall. We had a really great time. We started off the day by checking out a few new pubs (of course), found a Paul's Bakery (ate as many macaroons as possible), went to eat (again), then headed to the show. The show was c-r-a-z-y - it is amazing what those people can do!!! I heart CdS.

So that brings us into Sunday - aka Snow Day! It really started coming down Sunday night - it looked beautiful outside. I believe it was the most snow the UK has gotten in the past 18 years (or I could have definitely just made that statistic up....) - it still wasn't as much as you would probably imagine...just a few inches. No big snow drifts or anything. Still - it was cool - i heart snow. Rosie and Liebe really enjoyed themselves (see pictures), it gets them all frisky! Liebe just goes outside and lays in it- tries to eat it. ha! Hopefully all this bad weather will move on by this weekend since *****drum roll***** Dionne and Ryan will be here on Sunday! YAY :)




We are really looking forward to having Dionne and Ryan come visit us - we are going to rock the UK...seriously. It will probably get *dangerous*. We are going to hop over to Dublin for two nights when they first get here...allow the following equation to blow your mind:
Guinness(Alex + Chafin) x Guinness(Dionne + Ryan)/ Whiskey + Baileys = Dublin Implodes
think about it....
*note* the next blog posting may not be appropriate for the faint of heart....you've been warned.
Now, this is me whimpering on the side lines - I have started a permanent sub position at Lakenheath Middle School - I am now a 7th grade science teacher. It has been my first experience with middle school kids, and I think they are great, I think I've found my niche! It was a bit of a whirlwind as I wasn't expecting to take on the position, but they had a teacher retire last minute...literally, like 3 days before the new semester started. They are putting all my paperwork in to hopefully hire me as the 'official' teacher - but we will see....I want the $$$ man :) Needless to say, it has been interesting - I get to invent the wheel all over again...but, once I get everything organized and get in my 'groove' things should settle down.
Also, this past week we had our friends PCS over here from Laughlin AFB! We have known the Redmond's for many years - Chris was in Arnold Air Society with Chafin at Texas Tech, and he dated his wife Alicia all through college. They also brought a new edition over with them, their 4 month old son Caleb (who is totally precious). Chafin and I are their sponsors so we are helping them get acclimated to life in England.
This past Saturday night Chafin and I went into London with a big group of friends for dinner at Black & Blue and to see Cirque de Soleil 'Quidam' at Prince Albert Hall. We had a really great time. We started off the day by checking out a few new pubs (of course), found a Paul's Bakery (ate as many macaroons as possible), went to eat (again), then headed to the show. The show was c-r-a-z-y - it is amazing what those people can do!!! I heart CdS.
So that brings us into Sunday - aka Snow Day! It really started coming down Sunday night - it looked beautiful outside. I believe it was the most snow the UK has gotten in the past 18 years (or I could have definitely just made that statistic up....) - it still wasn't as much as you would probably imagine...just a few inches. No big snow drifts or anything. Still - it was cool - i heart snow. Rosie and Liebe really enjoyed themselves (see pictures), it gets them all frisky! Liebe just goes outside and lays in it- tries to eat it. ha! Hopefully all this bad weather will move on by this weekend since *****drum roll***** Dionne and Ryan will be here on Sunday! YAY :)
We are really looking forward to having Dionne and Ryan come visit us - we are going to rock the UK...seriously. It will probably get *dangerous*. We are going to hop over to Dublin for two nights when they first get here...allow the following equation to blow your mind:
Guinness(Alex + Chafin) x Guinness(Dionne + Ryan)/ Whiskey + Baileys = Dublin Implodes
think about it....
*note* the next blog posting may not be appropriate for the faint of heart....you've been warned.
Okay, I read where they were coming. Is everyone sober enough to blog on how the trip went? lol!
ReplyDeleteLove you!
Momma Bear